NBAStore.com

Monday, January 3, 2011

Tony Parker might have been a Knick?

Tony ParkerIn October, San Antonio Spurs point guard Tony Parker(notes) signed an extension that will earn him $12.5 million every year for the next four seasons, but he tells the Fort Worth Star-Telegram that he had his eyes on a certain other team if things didn't work out.
Parker tells the paper that the New York Knicks were his probable destination if the Spurs didn't give him an acceptable new contract. "Right now, I'm very happy with my decision," Parker said, according to the paper. "I always felt the Spurs are my family, and my first option was San Antonio, but if they didn't want to keep me, New York was definitely my first option."
The league-leading 29-4 Spurs take on the 19-14 Knicks on Tuesday night.

1 comment:

  1. Before Raymond Felton first took the court for the Knicks this season, I had dreams of Tony running the point in New York. Now I believe we have a very formidable point guard, the best point guard we've had since Stephon Marbury (damn, that was pretty painful to admit). Keep it up Ray!

    ReplyDelete